Friday, September 5, 2014

Sun-Dried Tomato Dip

I don’t have too much to report today. I’m in the depths of studying with my exam in 2 days time. I don’t think I’ll surface all weekend.

Although I really want to go see The Hundred Foot Journey. It’s a movie about food...in France. Totally my thing. I’ll probably go see that as a study break and then come back and be distracted thinking about food. Flawless plan!
Anyway, I’m sure your weekend will be much more exciting than mine. Are you having a party? A little get together per say?

Why you should make this dip!
I love making my own dips. They’re the best and there are no chemicals or high salt or any nasties to make you think you should not be piling your cracker a mile high.

Side note, I do not understand people who don’t like much dip. My ratio is pretty much 2:1 to the dip. It’s more dip with cracker, not cracker with dip.
It’s an art.

So this dip is great. Great depth of flavour in the tomato, and nice and thick for prime scooping.
Thumbs up all around really. Try it.

1tbspn coconut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained (reserve oil)
1/2 cup kidney beans
1/2tsp dried oregano
1/3 cup lemon juice

In a small frying pan, melt the coconut oil.
 
When melted, add in the garlic and onion and sauté until soft and translucent
 
Add to a blender or mini food processer with the remaining ingredients (not the oil). Blend until smooth. Be careful about the steam getting trapped. I like to pulse a few times, release steam and repeat until done. This is where you can now use the oil, or water, to thin out the dip to your desired consistency.
 
Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment